𝐶𝑢𝑟𝑙 𝐽𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑒𝑦 𝑇𝑜𝑝 10 𝑇𝑖𝑝𝑠. 🌀Everyone’s curl journey begins somewhere. Many curl journeys have started during the covid lockdown. Did yours start then?
What is my advice when your beginning your journey to curl health? Here are my top 10 tips..
1. Accept that that your curls are unique. Every single curl on your head is different. Don’t get caught up in the letters and numbers.
2. Lifestyle plays a massive part of how your curls transition. For example if you’ve straightened your hair every day for 10years and bleached your hair regularly your transition will probably take longer.
3. Water is key. Unless your curls are hydrated they won’t shine and bounce.
4. Genetics is important. Some of us have drier skin, some of us have oilier skin. The same goes for your scalp and hair. So, what works for one may not work for you.
5. Always add more water 💦 But never sleep on soaking hair.
6. The one key product to spend your money on is a conditioner. Without a solid foundation what ever you put on top is just papering over the cracks.
7. Don’t let your length hold your curls back. There’s no magic cure for excessively damaged hair except cutting it off and starting afresh.
8. Buy a diffuser and use it with patience.
9. Did I mention hydration? Drink water too. Hydrate your curls from the inside out.
10. Try products for longer to give you enough time to learn the product, how much to apply, how to apply.
And finally... there’s never a ‘bad hair day’ because your curls are beautiful however they look..with product or without, with frizz or without. They are yours, and yours alone. Own them. 🌀❤️